HOW MUCH CAN A SILVERADO 1500 TOW?
How Much Can a Silverado 1500 Tow?
So, you are looking for a truck with a high towing capacity that can carry heavy loads with ease? Stop your search now and get yourself a Chevy Silverado in Okemos, MI.
The 2019 version has a towing capacity of 12,200lbs. with a payload capacity of 2543lbs.; the latest 2020 version has the same payload capacity with a towing capacity of 13,400lbs.
You may ask, “What is the secret behind this impressive performance?” The answer lies in the steel frame; the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado1500 has a high-tensile-strength steel frame that guarantees a robust performance for heavy-duty tasks.
Read on to know more about the excellent features and specs that the vehicle provides below.
The Towing Capacities for Available Engines
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado’s tow power is due to the impressive performance it draws from its engines. The model offers four engine options to choose from depending on the tasks in store. These include:
- 2.7L Turbo engine: this engine is the most basic type, giving you 310 HP and 348 pound-feet of torque. The power is enough to pull a loaded trailer weighing up to 7000 lbs.
- 4.3L v6 engine: the third most powerful engine produces 285 HP and best-in-class 305 pound-feet of torque. The towing capacity has only a 900-pound difference with 2.7 Turbo engine at 7900 lbs.
- 5.3L V8 engine: similar to those used in fuel guzzlers, this produces 355 HP and 383 pound-feet of torque. It’s powerful enough to tow a trailer weighing up to 11,600 lbs.
- 6.2L V8 engine: this engine showcases the most power of the four options, with an impressive tow power of 12,200 lbs., generating 420 HP and 460 pound-feet of torque.
The Chevy Silverado has superior towing features that make every job look easy regardless of the capacity. Here’s what you need about these features to know how to make towing a breeze for you.
The Standard Trailering Package
This package is a standard feature on all Chevy Silverado 1500s, and consists of the following:
- Hitch platform
- 4-pin connector
- 2-inch receiver
- 7-wire harness
- Automatic rear differential
- 7-way sealed connector
The “My Chevy” Trailering App also comes as standard with all 2019 Silverados and includes how-to videos, pre-departure checklists, and a glossary of towing terms.
The Advanced Trailering Package
This package includes:
- Advanced Trailering System with in-vehicle app
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View
- Trailer Tire Pressure and Temperature Warning System
The TPMS, or tire pressure monitoring system, checks both the truck and the trailer’s tire pressures and temperatures. The app can store a maximum of five custom trailer profiles and features mileage, fuel economy, and transmission temperature monitoring.
Max Trailering Package
This package is the most advanced of the three and features:
- 3.42 axle ratio
- Rear-axle measuring 9.76 inches
- Increased control with revised shock tuning
- Heavier-duty rear leaf springs
- Powerful radiator for enhanced cooling
- 220A alternator
- Controller for the trailer brake
This Trailering Package transforms your truck into a hauling beast and is compatible with crew-cab and double-cab Chevy Silverado’s.
Now that you know what the Chevy Silverado 1500 can tow, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to visit your local dealership for the Chevy Silverado in Okemos, MI for a test drive and to find out whether its towing capacity is just what you have been looking for.