Routine Maintenance Tips for Michigan Drivers
Discover The Tips from Our Experts on How to Get the Most Life Out of Your Chevy
Chevy cars, trucks, and SUVs are built to run for hundreds of thousands of miles and last for decades--but one of the most vital aspects of making that happen is keeping your Chevy maintained and cared for. A carefully cared for vehicle can last for many decades and cross the country a dozen times, but a poorly maintained vehicle can wear out in a matter of years and break down on a trip from Lansing to East Lansing. Get the most out of your investment by treating it to regular maintenance. Here are a few simple tips:
- Check Your Tires -- Your tires are the only point where your Chevy touches the road. No matter how great your engine, transmission, handling, and driving skills are, if you have under-inflated, over-inflated, worn out, or misaligned tires, you won't be in the best control of the road. Check your tire pressure regularly, especially after big weather changes. The right tire pressure increases your mileage, your comfort, and your tires' longevity. Worried that your tires are starting to look a little worn? Place a quarter upside down in the groove of your tire tread. If there's a gap between Washington's head and start of your tire tread, it's time to bring in your Chevy for new tires. We'd be happy to help you out here in Okemos.
- Top Off Your Fluids -- Your vehicle's fluids are very important in keeping it running smooth and strong. It's important to make sure your fluids are clean and topped off with the proper formulation for your vehicle. Without the right fluids, your vehicle could experience many mechanical problems, like overheating, tough steering, weaker brakes, and more. If you're not sure which fluids you need, our Service and Parts Center can help you find the right stuff.
- Wash Your Car! -- That winter slush and Mason MI road salt that coats your Chevy every winter can take a huge toll on your vehicle's paint, body, frame, and more. Be sure to keep your Chevy as clean as you can year-round--a little salt can turn to a little rust in no time, and before you know it, you could be looking at some serious rust damage. Keeping your Chevy clean will keep it going great for years to come.
- Keep an Eye Out for Dents, Dings, and Scratches! -- A small dent, scratch, or ding isn't a big deal, but it can lead to more serious problems if neglected. Scratches, dents, and dings can expose your car's metal to salt, moisture, dirt, and grime--even if you don't see any missing paint! If left ignored, that tiny door ding you got in a Dewitt MI parking lot can turn into a large and tough-to-repair corrosion spot. If your Chevy has a little body damage or you spot some rust on your vehicle's body, bring it in to our Body Shop for a quick touch up.
- Change Your Oil Regularly -- simple oil change and oil filter replacement on a regular basis is the most important thing you can do for your Chevy. Engine oil keeps your motor properly lubricated and running smoothly. Regularly changing your oil dramatically increases the lifetime and performance of your vehicle. An engine with old oil, dirty oil, the wrong weight oil, or low oil must work harder to make your car run. It'll also run hotter, putting more stress on the engine components and your coolant system. The increased resistance and effort result in your engine wearing out more quickly, having more mechanical problems, and performing poorly.
A/C SERVICEEliminate Unpleasant Odors with A/C Deodorizer Service at Hank Graff Chevrolet Near Lansing, MI
ALIGNMENTAlignments near Lansing! Come See Us for Wheel Alignments and Everything Else Your Car Needs.
BATTERIESCar Batteries Near Lansing, MI | Everything You Need for Your Car Battery is at Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos!
BELTS & HOSESBelts and Hoses Near Lansing, MI | Get Yours Inspected at Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos Today!
BRAKESBrakes Near Lansing, MI! Come to Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos for Quality Brake Inspections, Repairs, and Replacements on All Makes and Models.
COOLING SYSTEMCooling System Service Near Lansing at Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos | Visit us For Cooling System Inspections and Repairs on All Makes and Models!
FILTERSImportance of Routine Car Filter Maintenance and Replacement
FLUIDSVehicle Fluid Types and Regular Maintenance Inspections at Graff Chevrolet Okemos
LAMPS & BULBS
Car Lights and Bulbs Near Lansing | Get All The Replacement Bulbs You Need for Any Car at Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos
OIL CHANGESOil Changes Near Lansing, MI at Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos | Schedule Your Appointment Now!
Tire Service Near Lansing | Visit Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos for All Your Tire Service Needs on Any Make and Model!