WHY PEOPLE LOVE THE CHEVY EQUINOX
When it comes to the Chevy Equinox, it is hard to find anything to complain about. The Equinox is versatile in its uses and boasts efficient performance in terms of safety and gas mileage. The NHTSA gave the Equinox a 5 star safety rating, and for 3 years in a row the Equinox was voted the most dependable compact SUV by J.D. Power. Read on to learn why consumers and analytics can’t stop talking about the Equinox.
The Equinox is the perfect balance of comfort and functionality. It can take you around town to run errands or cross country packed full of luggage. The Chevy Infotainment system includes GPS technology, the ability to create a 4G LTE WiFi hotspot, and compatibility with both Android and Apple devices. There are 6 USB charging ports so you and your passengers do not have to fight over whose phone will stay alive the longest anymore.
The Equinox offers hidden storage under the rear cargo floor to keep your belongings safe while your passengers ride comfortably. You also have the ability to flatten the second row of seats in the Equinox, allotting almost 64 cubic feet of cargo space! For those who live in cold areas or experience harsh winters, the option to include all wheel drive is available for LS, LT, and Premier models of the Equinox.
The 2020 Equinox uses Chevy safety assist technology to keep you safe and secure on the road. This system uses 6 key features to work together in avoiding common accidents and keep you aware of your surroundings:
- Automatic emergency braking-when a front-end collision is approaching, the Equinox will automatically brake hard to avoid or lessen contact with the car in front of you
- Forward collision alerts-warnings will be given if you are following too close to the car in front of you, or if a forward collision is likely to occur
- Pedestrian braking-the Equinox can sense a pedestrian crossing in front of you and brake in order to avoid injury to others
- Lane departure assistance-audible warnings will be given if the Equinox detects drifting out of your lane, and even provides gentle steering to keep you driving straight when you need to be
- Intellibeam-adaptive high beams that turn on automatically in low-light settings, and turn off when the Equinox detects an oncoming vehicle
- Following distance indicator-shows gap time in seconds between your vehicle and the car in front you to avoid tailgating and forward collisions
The Equinox also comes with a rear view camera, parking assistance, and adaptive cruise control.
The Equinox comes with two options for engine types based on your needs. The 1.5L turbo engine is extremely efficient with an estimated 31 MPG on the highway and 26 MPG city. If your Equinox is going to be doing heavier lifting, the 2.0L turbo engine is a great alternative. This engine is equipped with 255 horsepower and the ability to pull up to 3,500 lbs in trailer weight.
To see for yourself why people cannot stop raving about the Chevy Equinox, stop by Graff Chevrolet today for more information or even a test drive!